Saturno P30 - TETRA CAMPEÃO Argentino

Nos aeromodelos de vôo livre reside a verdadeira ciência do aeromodelismo: a arte de construir, preparar e trimar um modelo para voar sozinho, sem interferência humana. Elétricos, à elástico ou catapultados, este é o lugar!
Alexandre Cruz
membro

Mensagem por Alexandre Cruz »

Pelo quarto ano seguido o Saturno venceu o Nacional Argentino detendo o primeiro e segundo lugar.

É TETRA! É TETRA!
Alvaro Sala
Equipe E-voo.com
Contato:

Mensagem por Alvaro Sala »

Para um colador de varetas como eu que tanto ouviu falar que o voo livre no Brasil está morto, isso é um colírio.
Parabéns Alexandre. Merecido resultado!
Jim Moseley
membro

Mensagem por Jim Moseley »

Yesterday (Sunday) my Saturno 3 took a very close 2nd place in P30 at the Empire State Championships, New York.

Very happy with the model ... now hoping to do better at the "Great Grape Gathering' at Geneseo, NY next month. The name of the contest reflects that bottles of wine represent prize awards, as well as plaques, ec.
betocastrucci
membro

Mensagem por betocastrucci »

Congrats Jim!!!! Well done!

Bottles of wine as prizes... good idea!
Alexandre Cruz
membro

Mensagem por Alexandre Cruz »

Very good Jim, congratulations!

I have recently finished the V5 which goes to composite buildig. I really don´t expect much more performance than the V3 and it is a pain to build as a prefer building with balsa a lot more than composites. Anyway it was good to start with composites.
Eduardo Yamin
membro

Mensagem por Eduardo Yamin »

Saturno overseas #2
https://www.facebook.com/groups/110144622337442/?hc_location=stream

Volkan é um amigo modelista turco e está terminando seu saturno.

[img:ac42941544]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1014439_10151695427329183_1009131068_n.jpg[/img:ac42941544]
Jim Moseley
membro

Just wanted to note that my Saturno won P30 at the Empire State F/F Championships at Geneseo, NY last weekend. 6 strands 3/32" 'tight' at about 1750/1800 turns .. GizmoGeezer Peck prop and nose assembly.

I have two P30's of my own design - good flyers but I far prefer the Saturno; now looking forward to the event at the Great Grape Gathering next month. Great design!
FranciscoNeto
membro

Mensagem por FranciscoNeto »

Jim
An excellent result for the Saturno's career in abroad skies.
Any photo? Could you tell us something about the competition, like number of contestants, weather conditions, flight durations and so on?
For sure Alexandre is proud of your choice and as it couldn't be of the result too.
Congratulations!
Stick & Tissue Forever!
Jim Moseley
membro

Thank you Francisco- Beautiful weather, around 30C with very light, variable winds, patches of dead calm. Smooth steady thermals but often hard to detect - and corresponding downdraughts.

I encountered the latter on my first flight and missed the maximum by a few seconds, the model doing its best to climb through it; other flights took it to a speck in the blue and the drop-off wing d/t brought it back safely - albeit into crops one time , for which I was thankful for the tracker.

Attendance at the contest was not as large as usual due to the US Nationals concluding less than a week before and by the time people travelled home after five days of competition many were not prepared to immediately leave for another event. I believe there were about six entrants in P30 but I do not have a record of scores at this time.
betocastrucci
membro

Mensagem por betocastrucci »

Jim,

nice to hear that!
As you did, mine Saturnos fly with 3/32" x 6 strands, 1700 plus turns. After I used Gizmo for the first time, I didn't came back to old style P30 nose. Recommended.
Responder